Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 7, Thing 17, RAW 2.0 wiki

I posted to the RAW 2.0 wiki before I even looked at thing 17. It was very easy to do and pretty intuitive. The ASD librarians have a wiki that I visited last year, but not too terribly often, and when I did, I spent way too much time there. Wikis are another great resource out there, but I haven't figured out yet how to fit it all in to my day. It seems that I have so much to do, that I don't go looking for things that could be time drains.

Last year I set up a wiki page with wikispaces, and made a salmon pathfinder. I gave the url to the 2 classes that were studying salmon. I introduced the classes to it, but I don't know if the teachers used it or reminded the students about it when they had to do research. My goal is to make my pathfinders on the wiki, so that I can always find it, and don't have to start from scratch each time.

1 comment:

Ann said...

not reinventing the wheel each year will be a real time saver. I have to admit that I wish I'd had access to wikis when I was teaching geography to 7th graders.

Ann