Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 5, Thing 12, Voice Thread

 I found out about Voice Thread last summer at the School Librarians Leadership Academy.  I thought it looked too involved then, so I didn't try it.  I figured I'd try it this time, and I'm impressed!  It was easy to use and aside from having the "Oops!" dialog box at the beginning  and the "Share" info at the end it looks like the kind of thing that I would put on my school's web page.  (You can still hear and see my Voice Thread by clicking on the OK button.)  I can see this being a good way to share books - an image of the book with kids telling what they thought of the book.  We could start with Battle of the Books or Young Reader's Choice titles.  My school will have a new technology teacher this year, and I would like to collaborate with her/him and a classroom teacher to use this for a class project.

2 comments:

Ann said...

This will be a wonderful way to collaborate with your tech teacher. I think that Voice Thread is better than sliced bread and I am glad that you were able to work with it. It does seem like it should be complicated, but they make it so easy :-)

Ann

Jill said...

I like voice thread for using for book reports and collaboration as well. It is user friendly and quick to get things done you hear your results immediately. It is fun!