Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 3, Thing 7, Digital Cameras

One of the best pieces of technology out there is a digital camera. I like that I don't have to worry about "wasting" film when I don't know if the picture will turn out or not, instead I can delete the image and not have a shoe box full of photos that aren't good enough to put in an album, but I don't really want to throw away either. There are numerous sites and software available that will allow you to crop, adjust the color and contrast, send pictures to friends via email, and post to sites like Flickr (or some other image hosting site)
At times I have had a digital camera in my library, and the kids love being able to take pictures of their creations. In a class I took last spring, a teacher was taking digital photos of the pages of the Houghton Mifflin book for the week so she could project it on a SMART board.
On the down side, it's way too easy to just leave the pictures saved on the memory card and never print them.

1 comment:

Ann said...

That age old question of what to do with the pictures still hasn't changed much with the digital camera. :-)