Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week 3, Thing 6, Big Huge Labs

I went to the Arctic Thunder air show yesterday, and made sure to take pictures so that I would have something to work with for this assignment. The 3rd party site I went to was Big Huge Labs. I really liked this site. It was easy for me to get the results I wanted. I decided to put a matte on my picture of the U. S. Air Force Thunderbirds.

I have a couple of ideas of how to use some of these tools. First, I have been wanting to put up pictures of the staff at the beginning of the year reading their favorite children's book , but have the book cover their face, so the students have to guess who the person is. Second, I would like to have pictures of each of the Battle of the Books teams to give each participant when I give them their participation certificate. I thought I could use the ALA READ CD for these, but it turned out to be way too time consuming for me. Big Huge Labs didn't have anything quite as cool as the READ CD, but is definitely doable with my time frames.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow! That is a great picture of the Thunderbirds. And I love the idea of a guessing game for the staff reading pictures. What fun. I look forward to hearing how that goes next year.

Ann