Friday, June 20, 2008

Week 3, Thing 5, Flickr


When I first looked at Flickr I thought it looked pretty intuitive. Finding photos is pretty easy for me, but when it came time to post it to my blog, it didn't go quite as smoothly. But I finally got it!
I chose this image because I have been waging serious war on the dandelions in my yard. I keep hearing from my family that we should weed and feed, or use some other kind of weed killer. But I am trying to be environmentally friendly and go the organic. So we are pulling (at a minimum) a 5 gallon bucket of dandelions each day.

2 comments:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I think, that as with many things on the web, a purpose in using the tool helps with getting enough practice to make it work smoothly. Even then, I often run into what my tech coordinator at Bartlett liked to call "opportunities" that way too often take way too much time:-)

There may be several good ways to use flickr in a class setting and I must admit that I like flickrstorm for finding photos.

Good luck on the dandelion war

Ann

BOOKIE said...

How did you get your photo to post? I have not been successful and find myself extremely frustrated and here I am still at a very early stage of the class. I used the Help screen in Blogger.com on how to add a picture from the web (flickr) which involved basically copying and pasting the URL of the photo. I had also gotten permission from the photographer but the image so far just shows up as a ?. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I have also emailed Ann.